Friendship Day Facts – Friendship Day In 2018 will be celebrated on Sunday 5th August. In India it is celebrated on the first Sunday of August every year. About 60 years ago, for the first time in 1958, Friendship Day was internationally recognized, when several South American countries, especially Friendship Day, were celebrated in Paraguay. United Nations General Assembly announced in 2011 that International Friendship Day will be celebrated on July 30. Although many countries including India are still celebrated on the first Sunday of August only Friendship Day is celebrated. We have brought for you many related fairs associated with Friendship Day which you may not know about.
Friendship Day Facts – Everything You Want To Know About Friendship Day
- The start of Friendship Day and the credit for encouraging it goes to Joyce Hall, who was the founder of Hallmark Cards. Many consumers opposed it because they thought it was just a business junk that started with the intention of spreading greeting cards business. Because of this, the tradition of celebrating Friendship Day in Europe has ceased. Although still in many countries of Asia, Friendship Day is celebrated.
- In 1935, the first United States Congress declared Friendship Day celebration on the first Sunday of August.
- Dr. Artemio Barcho of Paraguay for the first time proposed to celebrate a day that celebrates the relationship of friendship, after which the Friendship Day was celebrated on 30 July 1958 in Paraguay for the first time in the world.
- Friendship Day Celebration was awarded to the stated purpose of the UN Secretary General Kofi Annan’s wife Nan Annan year in exchange trades the Pooh world’s Friendship Aenbaseder 1998.
- Friendship Day Celebration on the 10th year of opportunity for the famous band The Beatles was a song released in 1967 with Little Help From My Friends. The song world was quite famous among the people.
- Friendship Day is celebrated on July 20 every year in countries like Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador and Uruguay.
- Apart from Friendship Day, Viminj Friendship Day is also celebrated on the third Sunday of September in the world. But very few people know about it.
- A decade ago, the trend of friendship bands tying on Friendship Day event in India was very famous. Particularly the film ‘Something Happened’ had made the band of friends popular among teenagers and youth. However, now the social media has dominated this trend. Now all people make Friendship Day special with friends through social media.